Re: MSL5030 Cabling

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Lumar,
You have to log in the Bridge and create a map, then present this map to the server that have to manage the library, or you will see nothing.
Other think, if you have zoning active on the switch, you have to create a zone for the library and the servers, or zoning will prevent the library to be seen by the hosts
Michael Funk_1

I'm having the same issue with library not being visible in the SAN. I have connectivity between the MSL and the MSA1000 since I can see the counters increasing in the port statistics. I looked at all the docs and didn't see anyting that made me see an answer. It just said that "it has been configured to work in most HP environments" and that was about all I got out of it... Any pointers on a "howto" doc?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Lumar Regalado
Frequent Advisor

Hi Marino,
I did a double check and I discovered that I was cabled the library in the second FC switch. I have two SAN Switches in the SAN. I ordered the cables and put the SAN, Alpha Servers, ProLiant Server and the library in the same switch.
I did, also, map the components into the router, and devices started to recognize the library.
Right now, I'm having problems when I try to backup something, both, Alpha and Proliant server return me an error when I try it.
I guess I'm needing to put a terminator in the SCSI port that doesn't have it. Well, I'm trying to obtain it. Maybe, one of my partners can got one for me. When I receive it I'll tell you what happened.
Regards