1753783 Members
7300 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL5030 - I see no ultrium drive

Wolfgang Baumgartner
Occasional Contributor

MSL5030 - I see no ultrium drive

I have a tape library MSL5030 connected via 16 Port Fibre Channel switch to a hpux Server model L3000. The hpux version on the server is 11i. When I power on the tape library and afterwards I make an ioscan on the hpux server I got only this new entry:
0/12/0/0.1.11.255.0 ext_bus FCP Device Interface
In my opinion this entry figures the remote managment card. But I see no Ultrium drive which is also connected via scsi. Via Web Interface I can manage the tape library without problems and there i see also the ultrium drive. Have any of You the same problem? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL5030 - I see no ultrium drive

Isn't that just your fc hba?

You should see an entry for the library 'MSL 5000 series' and the drives 'HP Ultrium 1-SCSI'.

Did you configure your NSR? You need to setup a map, and then assign that map to each specific host.
The journey IS the reward.
Markus Stadlbauer

I try to configure my NSR with following steps:
I connect a notebook via cross over cable to the ethernet interface of the nsr. Then i configure on the notebook the ip-address 1.1.1.2 sm: 255.255.255.0. In the manual I read that the nsr has the ip address 1.1.1.1
But I got no response from the nsr. Is it better to configure nsr via serial interface or is there another way to configure nsr?
Wolfgang Baumgartner
Occasional Contributor

Sorry the previous message I posted from the workplace of my colleague.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> But I got no response from the nsr. Is it better to configure nsr via serial interface or is there another way to configure nsr?

You should use the serial interface to set the network to a known (open) id address, and then go in through the web interface to do the configuration (it's much easier).
The journey IS the reward.