1748060 Members
5042 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL5052 Robotic Library

Paul DeVincentis
Occasional Advisor

MSL5052 Robotic Library

I am running BackupExec for Windows on a Compaq DL580 Win2000 Adv Server with an HPMSL50552 DLT Robot. My backups have been failing with I/O errors. In the System Event Logs I am seeing the following: "The Device, \Device\SCSI\CPQKGPSA1, did not respond within the timeout period." This is an Event ID 9. I upgraded the KGPSA driver to current. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
clay bowman
Frequent Advisor

ResetTPRLO=1
Check this setting in your registry
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

You may want to disable insight manager if it is monitoring the tape drives.

I had a similar problem with OmniBack. Insight manager was causing IO to timeout after something like 70 seconds even thought OmniBack was trying to set the timeout much longer. As long as omniback did I/Os that responded quickly everthing was OK. But if OB did a 'Skip to end of data' to append and that caused the tape drive to seek for a couple of minutes, the IO timed out.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Paul
I think clay have made a typo, the ResetTPRLO should be set =2 in the registery, and it is set by default if you have a new installation, with the new driver, or you if you just update, you need to check. I agree with Bill that the insight agent for Fiber channel and SCSI can cause this problem also.
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

If you have installed your Proliant Server with "HP management agents" rel 7.00 or below, please disable the "Fibre Array Information" Agent.
Go to control panel, HP management agent, look for fibre array information in the left pane and move it to the right pane.
You will be prompted to restart management agents, answer yes (better is a reboot)
Let us know

Claudio