New Discussion юеВ

MSL5060 Web Interface

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1311632
Occasional Advisor

MSL5060 Web Interface

Hi,
I've been using an MSL5060 for about 18 months and using LTT for testing/firmware updates. I'd like access to the web interface but am having problems authenticating. When i navigate to the ip address with a browser, i am challenged with an authentication dialogue (standard IE one) asking for username and password. As far as i can tell, there is nowhere to set the username on the front panel, but you can set the Web level1 and level2 passwords. I've checked the manual and can only find authentication details for the NSR, which works fine.
When navigating to the actual library, the user/pass request screen says domain: Realm15 but no sure of the significance of this, and it seems this cannot be changed. Please could somebody help?
I've tried the usual usernames of admin, administrator and root to no avail.
6 REPLIES 6
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL5060 Web Interface

Usualy you need java to access the web interface of the library, and then the applet will ask you only the password
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
CA1311632
Occasional Advisor

Hmm... not sure what you mean? My Internet Explorer is Java enabled. Is there some special java client software for the library that isnt mentioned anywhere?

Thanks in advance
CA1311632
Occasional Advisor

Also, what is the default password? or is it going to be web level1 etc?
CA1311632
Occasional Advisor

Just tried Java Web Start 1.2 to access the library and it still asks for Username and Password for REALM 15...
Any other ideas?
Does it need netscape as a client?
meloni
Honored Contributor
Solution

I do not understand, I got the following screen when I try to connect to the library, are you sure about your IP?
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
CA1311632
Occasional Advisor

Sorted it...
The IP that was set by the engineer was actually the same IP as one of the switches! Fortunately, the library only talks at 10BaseT therefore our switches did not allow it to communicate (all ports set to 100). So i was trying to log into the switches all along!
I resolved it by changing the IP and adding a small switch to convert 10BaseT to 100 so it could talk onthe wider network.
Thanks for bringing my attention to that mate.
L├Г┬йon