Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSL5060

SOLVED
Go to solution
gfh_1
Advisor

MSL5060

7 REPLIES
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL5060

Hi,

would you care to explain a bit more?
I know, it can leave you speechless here. ;-)

Michael
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

Gudmundur,

I finally have the solution for the stacked (master/slave) firmware update problem when the library is on 4.08 firmware (I suspect you found a workaround in the mean time).
The journey IS the reward.
gfh_1
Advisor

Hi David
the library is still on 4.08 firmware, but I had another library with same case and I split it up in standalone and firmware upgrade was ok.
gfh_1
Advisor

But what is the solution for the stacked firmware update from 4.08?

And David thanks for your help.
Gudmundur
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Gudmundur,

I still have your email address, and can send you the detailed instructions for getting around the 4.08 firmware update issue.

There is a firmware bug in 4.08 which prevents firmware updates from succeeding in a master/slave configuration (regardless of which tool or method is used).

We were actually very close with the one workaround that I provided (powering down the slave). We did some testing a came up with workround without turning of power.
gfh_1
Advisor

David
can you email the workround without turning of power to me.

thanks
Gudmundur

David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Yes, I sent it in email Friday afternoon, about 5PM.