Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSL6030 - Bin Fetch Failure. Unable to solve currently.

Edmund Wong_1
Occasional Contributor

MSL6030 - Bin Fetch Failure. Unable to solve currently.

Below is the error message from the server when I use the MC command to check on the library:

[ROOT sgpds11]/ # mc -p /dev/rac/c12t3d0 -r DS|more

ERROR: 0x2 Not Ready : 0x401 Logical unit in process of becoming ready

When using the web interface on sgpds11-l2, the status of the library is as follows:

The library is not ready

-- The library is initializing.

The strange thing is that by accessing the NSR-A and NSR-B, I could see all the devices on the library.

Could any expert please help me out with this problem please? Thank you so much,
Sincerely,
Edmund
1 REPLY
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL6030 - Bin Fetch Failure. Unable to solve currently.

> ERROR: 0x2 Not Ready : 0x401 Logical unit in process of becoming ready

From your subject line, is the library in an error state following a hard robotic (i.e. bin fetch) error? There may be a dialog on the front panel with an FSC code and a request to reboot, and that is why the library medium changer says it is "not ready".
The journey IS the reward.