StoreEver Tape Storage
1752806 Members
6590 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL6030 on SUSE Linix Client fails with MTIOCGET call failed. ([28] No space left on device)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe Tomaswick
Occasional Advisor

MSL6030 on SUSE Linix Client fails with MTIOCGET call failed. ([28] No space left on device)

I have a MSL6030 tape library on a SUSE Linux ES9 system. We are using HP data protector/omniback 5.5 for the backups. When the tape is full the backup fils with "MTIOCGET call failed. ([28] No space left on device)". When the tape is full it should load the next available tape and continue.
Running with the latest available firmware/patches on everything. Anyone seen this and know of a fix?
6 REPLIES 6
Gilles Cadrin
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: MSL6030 on SUSE Linix Client fails with MTIOCGET call failed. ([28] No space left on device)

This is a known issue and it's fixed with the latest MA packet

Bug ID : QXCR1000216464

http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=PHSS_33631

Best regards

Gilles
Gilles Cadrin
Trusted Contributor

When you say Latest patch are installed ..

Please post following output

/usr/omni/bin/bma -version

The Build number needs to be : PHSS_32842 or higher
Joe Tomaswick
Occasional Advisor

How do I install the patch kit on a Linux system what was installed via a local install with the HP-UX install cd?

X. Montagutelli

I have the same problem. I try to install the latest patch for Linux, without an installation server.

I don't see an answer to your last message.
Did you find a way to install the patch properly ?

Thx.
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

In attachment you find the procedure to patch DP without an HPUX installation server
X. Montagutelli

Luk,

Thank you for your document.

We had already done the first solution (manually applying the packet.Z file found for Linux on the HP-UX patch), but I was not very proud of this "hack" and I hoped there was a "cleaner" way.

We will try the "omni_rinst.sh" command next time !