3998 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6030 problem on win2003 64bit

roland hajj
Occasional Contributor

MSL6030 problem on win2003 64bit

hi,
a customer has an MSL6030 connected to a san, with 8 servers also connected. half are win2003 32 bit, and the others win2003 64bit. i downloaded the driver from the HP site, and it works perfectly on the 32 bit machines (the driver is found in a zip file hptapedrvs.zip). but on the 64 bit machines, the driver is not recognized. the tape works good, but the robotics is not recognized (device shows: unknown medium changer). and also the NS e1200 storage router is not recognized. i searched thouroughly in the hp site, and didn't find any new driver.
can anyone help please.
2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL6030 problem on win2003 64bit

you do not need in fact these drivers, the robot can use the standard windows driver that show the library changer as unknown Medium Changer, this is different then the unknown device with yellow question mark inidacting that there is no drivers.
Related to the NSR, at the moment I'm not aware about any drivers for X64, work around is to tell the sistem to not load a drive anymore at tbot time, to avoid Plung&Pray to ask each time for a driver, or disable AF in the NSR and remove it from Maps
roland hajj
Occasional Contributor

Re: MSL6030 problem on win2003 64bit

thx for your response.
the costumer needs to try multiple backup solutions, to choose the best one. hope it won't do any problem with any software.