StoreEver Tape Storage

Re: MSL6030 problem

Michael Gulinski

MSL6030 problem

I've connected the MSL6030 to a win2k3 server, installed the hp tools and msl utility, the tools see the library but do not see the drives. I'm looking for a driver because the server is reporting an unknown media changer. All of the downloads look to be the same, and I'm not able to find what I need. Anyone have any recommendations? I keep getting an error saying because the drives couldn't be identified that it won't do anything else. I'm planning on using netbackup to backup a netapp filer to the library.
2 REPLIES 2
CA972086
Occasional Contributor

If you need a driver for the medium changer, try this link and download the driver files:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=329886&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=254838&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

For some reason not all the libraries on the HP site have the same downloads available. This will put a driver into your device manager, but will not explain why LT&T does not see the drives. Try updating library firmware first via LT&T.
Michael Gulinski

Thank you for that link, I found out the issue was that the person who hooked up the library left a cable unattatched. But I downloaded that driver so that it's stowed away.