1748151 Members
3828 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6030 scsi cable route.

Colin Patterson_1
Frequent Advisor

MSL6030 scsi cable route.

I wired up an MSL6030 to a 320 scsi adaptor in a DL380 server exactly as instructed in the installation manual i.e Server adaptor to Tape device in Libray looped and terminated on the library controiller. ( PIC ATTACHED )This generated IO errors. We replaced the cables, adaptor and terminator with no change. We moved the server cable to the library controller terminating on the Tape drive which fixed it. Should the scsi cable route through devices and position of the termination matter?? If so then the manuals are incorrect.
Is there anything they can't do ??
2 REPLIES 2
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSL6030 scsi cable route.

There are a few ways to cable Libraries. The way you eventually did configure it is my personal preference.

The manual gives a few different configs for various reasons.

Glad you were able to resolve the IO errors.
Colin Patterson_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSL6030 scsi cable route.

Thanks Jaclyn, I know about the various methods of cabling the devices. I raised this topic because i can't see a reason for the IO errors when I wire the scsi chain as in the installation manual but fix it by wiring as I did. It's nothing to do with scsi addressing because I manually changed the library controller to 6 and it made no difference.

We have 20 of these and this fixed them all. I'd just like to understand why ???

Regerds
Is there anything they can't do ??