Re: MSL6060 Drive fetch failure

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

gfh,

Thanks for the additional info.

You can mail the support ticket to ltt_team@hp.com, with my name in the subject line.

Your configuration does not sound complex as at all (which is good). There are few things we can check on the 2003 server if the problem is happening on older firmware as well.

If you use LTT to update firmware, you will need a password (I can send you that form the ltt_team mailbox). However, if you use the web interface, you will not need a password to downgrade.
The journey IS the reward.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

gfh,

I have your support ticket from the LTT team mailbox, and will have engineering team look at it.

Please let us know if the problem stops happening now that you are back on 4.30 firmware.
gfh_1
Advisor

Hi

After downgrade to 4.30 we have run backup now for 20 hours without errors, I will give better information on monday morning.

GFH
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

gfh,

OK, I have my fingers crossed.

What was the failure frequency with 5.13 firmware?

The product engineering team is looking at the logs to see if they provide any clues.

- dave
HP Engineering
Vallo Kallaste
Occasional Advisor

Sorry for intercepting the thread, but we have exactly same case. MSL6060 with two Ultrium 460 LTO2 drives and NSR 1200-160 FC-SCSI bridge. After upgrade to 5.13 (the drives and NSR got updates, too) using LTT 3.5 SR4a, we have had two "Shuttle jammed" hard errors within 24 hours. I've opened case in ITRC and also sent the ticket file generated by LTT.

--
Vallo
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Vallo,

No problem jumping in - glad you did. We'll look these cases in parallel which may help us understand the root cause quicker.

What version of firmware were you on previously?

If you need an LTT password to downgrade the robotics back (everything else can stay at the current revision), let me know. Note: you can downgrade library code without a password using the remote management interface.

Also, if you have a case number I can look for the support ticket. I would recommend you ask your support contact to elevate the issue to tier 3 engineering (swapping hardware likely will not resolve it).
gfh_1
Advisor

Hi David

Good news, We have now run backup for 4 days without errors after firmware downgrade to 4.30. So it seems to be somthing wrong with firmware 5.13.

Failure frequency with 5.13 firmware was every 4 - 6 tape unload failed with fsc code 3011

regards
GFH
Vallo Kallaste
Occasional Advisor

David,

previous firmware was 5.07. We already downgraded to 4.30 using web interface. Case number is 1209761193, but as I see somebody has already erroneously closed it. Grrr...
The case has also comment that the e-mail, which I sent to address indicated while submitting the case, had 0 attachments. This is plain wrong, as I have the message I sent in front of me. It had gzipped file attached as base64 encoded, message type was standard multipart/mixed. Something's wrong with the receiving end I guess. Anyway, please contact me vallo at estcard.ee if needed.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> previous firmware was 5.07. We already downgraded to 4.30 using web interface. Case number is 1209761193, but as I see somebody has already erroneously closed it.

> ... Anyway, please contact me vallo at estcard.ee if needed.

OK, I will contact you via email. The engineering team said the "shuttle jam" error is likely different than the fetch errors a few others have seen with the 5.13 firmware. They would like to see the support ticket from LTT for your library.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

GFH,

Thank you for your updates on testing with 4.30, and the frequency of failure before downgrading. I've passed that onto the engineering team, to help with their analysis.