1752579 Members
3110 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6060 Drive load error

Dave Arkfeld
Advisor

MSL6060 Drive load error

In the process of testing a new library that we are about to use. When moving a tape to Drive 2, I get "The Cartridge Move Failed" than "8003 Soft- Drive load did not complete" is displayed. I powered library off, no help. Drive 1 loads tapes okay. I have tried to move 4 different tapes to drive 2 with no success. It actaully loads the tape in the drive slot, but after about 5 min. it gets that error. Anu suggestions ?
Dave Arkfeld
4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL6060 Drive load error

are you moving tapes from the os? then is the drive mapped and configured correctly in your backup application?
if the problem is comming from the front panel, try to disconnect the drive from the ocp or from the web interface, last resort, try to power cycle the library to clear any reservation, then run tests from ocp

marino
Dave Arkfeld
Advisor

It appeards the prblem is that we have Ultrium 3 LTO data cartridges (P/N C7973A) instead of Ultrium 2 LTO ones. I am assuming that is what is causing this error. Correct?
Dave Arkfeld
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

LTO2 drive is not able to read LTO3 cartridge, so this is probably the only problem, try with a LTO2 or LTO1 cartridge and you will have the answer

marino
Dave Arkfeld
Advisor

I tried an LTO 1 tape it worked okay.
Dave Arkfeld