5547 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6060 Robotic device driver under DP

Farid Hasanov
Occasional Contributor

MSL6060 Robotic device driver under DP

Hello,
We have MSL6060 with 4 960 drives and 2 -NSR e1200 cards. It is connected through FC to FC Switch. To the same switch there is DL380 Server connected with fiber. On server there are Win2003 Server and OV Data Protector installed. Win2003 recognise msl6060 as 4 ultrium drives and Unknown media Changer. When I trying to add SCSI library on DP it shows that this Rob oric device has 58 slots. I have downloaded and installed new driver and now win2003 recognize the robotic device as MSL 6060 robotic device, but when I trying to add device (SCSI Library) in DP it shows that this robotic device has 0 (slots). Does anyone know how to configure DP to be able to recognize 60 slots of MSL6060?
5 REPLIES 5
Carsten Reinhard
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSL6060 Robotic device driver under DP

Farid,

did you try to autoconfigure devices? If this does not work on the repository tab of the Device you can add the slots manualy. But as long you have the mail slot functionality enabled you can only configure 58 slots.
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Yes, there should only be 58 slots (plus the two mail slots) Make sure you disable the windows driver for the media changer and the tape drives. You don't want windows helping(?) you manage the library and tapes.

DP should use the raw scsi devices (e.g. scsi0 vs tape0)
Farid Hasanov
Occasional Contributor

Bill,
If i disable windows driver and Install HP driver it doesn't see any slot(DP shows 0(zero) slots availiable). Should I disable tape drives driver as well?? Because I didn't install any driver, windows did it itself.
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

I do not install the HP drivers and I disable the microsoft changer and tape drivers.

When you open the DP GUI and go to the library control path, what paths do you see when you click the pull down? Do you see a path listed with 'scsi' in the path name?

If you select that you should see the library with 58 slots listed. If you don't but it works with the MS driver for the changer enabled, I would leave the MS driver enabled. BUT still disable the tapre drivers (both the MS and HP ones) and use the scsi path for the tape drives.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

In a Windows environment, you also need so disable RSM. Since you want DP to handle all device operations, RSM gets in the way.

There is an issue with RSM though (Removable Storage Manager). If you simply disable it and restart the server... RSM still loads up. There is a "fix" out there that somewhat corrects the issue. It runs as a service and when you restart the server.. upon bootup it runs a quick script to enable RSM, start RSM, stop RSM and then Disable RSM once again.

You can probably do this yourself, or find the fix out on the web. I have it somewhere, but not readily available.

As for drivers, I have never had any problems using the HP updated drivers for my tape drives/libraries. You never want to use builtin MS drivers.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)