7338 Online
108802 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Manage autoloader with Backup Exec 10.1

Wildi Martin
Advisor

Manage autoloader with Backup Exec 10.1

Hi

We do have a HP Storaeg Works 1/8 Autoloader Ultrium 448 and Veritas Backup Exec 10.1. I do not have a lot of experience with autoloaders, so my question is basic: Can i eject a Tape from Backup Exec so that i can create a Backup-Job which's ejecting the Tape after completion?

I know how to eject a Tape manually (disable Lock in VBE, put autoloader offline and export the Tape). Now i would like to do this automatically.

I want to do this because we would like to eject some tapes and store them externally.

Thanks for any help.

M. Wildi
2 REPLIES 2
Rajanikant
HPE Pro

Re: Manage autoloader with Backup Exec 10.1

Hi Wildi,

The option you are trying to use is not supported by any of the Autoloaders as of now. You can automate the eject of media from the drive but if you have to take out the media from the autoloader you have to do it manually.

There is no other option

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Wildi Martin
Advisor

Re: Manage autoloader with Backup Exec 10.1

Hi

Thanks for the answer. I'm not sure, but maybe you did misunderstand me.

Right now, i can't (or don't know how) eject the Tape from the Autoloader for physically removing (manually).

I only would like to eject the tape automated (by VBE), so that the user can change the tape without any technical knowledge...

Thanks.

M. Wildi