Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium Error

Nodir
Occasional Visitor

Medium Error

Sorry for my English.
I have StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader and cartridge LTo-Ultrium 400gb.
Also there are 3 computers.

first computer fileserver
second computer ActiveDirectory and Excnange 2000
The third computer printserver

When I start full backup FileSystem I get error type "Major" and Disk Agent send command ABORT.

Help to understand what I not so have made.

Thank You.
1 REPLY
Hoang Chi Cong_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Medium Error

Hi Nodir

This is the established connection between client and cell manager:

Cell server starts a backup job, contacts INET (5555) on the source client and requests a DISK AGENT be started, and new port assigned.

A disk agent is started, a port assigned, and INET passes this information back to the cell server.

Cell server starts a MEDIA AGENT by contacting INET (5555) on the MA client. An MA is started, and new port assigned, and INET passes this information back to the cell server.

The cell server sends a message to the MA "contact the DA on this client, this port"

The cell server sends a message to the DA "contact the MA on this client, this port"

---
So far the MA client needed to resolve the cell server, the DA client needed to resolve the cell server, and the cell server needed to resolve both the MA and DA.

If the DA cannot resolve the MA, and the MA cannot resolve the DA - Scotts assertion of name resolution is correct, and relevant.

So that the disk agent abort means: It can not connected.
Fisrt, you need to solve name resolution between client and cell manager. Is there any firewall?
Please, show me more in debug.log file???

Regard,

Looking for a special chance.......