StoreEver Tape Storage
1752422 Members
5676 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Modular router causing tape problems with arcserve?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Martin Stanjer
Advisor

Modular router causing tape problems with arcserve?

Since upgrading our SAN servers to arcserve r11.1 we have been getting all sorts of harware related errors on all drives in our two SSL2020 libraries (eg. SCSI move errors whilst performing an inventory or the arcserve auto device config, and failure to position media whilst performing a multi tape backup to mention just a few.
The libraries and drives check out OK using Tape tools, and are at the latest firmware releases.
However, our modular router is a first generation M2402, and is at old f/w version 4.03.16, so I guess this may be causing the problem (any other suggestions welcome!). I would like to upgrade the firmware, but cannot find the required .dlx file, or indeed any current support info for this model on the HP site. (It's not supported by tape tools).
Can anyone help me with the location of latest firmware files for this kit, or any other solution to our probems please?

Thanks

Martin.
5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Martin Stanjer
Advisor

Thanks Uwe.
That's very helpful as I could not locate this page. They are certainly the correct file types (.dlx) We have M2402 product version 1; I shall give this a try soon when I am at the site.
Regards,
Martin.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Martin,

I suggest you to keep checked the link, a new version is comming out these days, better to have latest release as all new FW have valuable fix.

The .dlx is the correct version for serial/telnet connection upgrade, but you can also upgrade NSR via FC with L&TT, in that case you can use the tool itself to locate correct FW

marino
Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

Guessing from my NetWorker+Library experiences, I'd ask You to have a look if the timeout settings for the jukebox have been lost during the upgrade.
Somewhere there must be a definition of how long i.e. switching tapes may take (full rewind + move to far position + gather from far position + mount).

If this definition is lower than the time the jukebox needs, You'll see all the errors mentioned.
yesterday I stood at the edge. Today I'm one step ahead.
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

In addition to all those valuable suggestion provided, please check if the Removable Storage service of Windows is disabled on ALL the primary/distributed ArcServer SAN servers.
The mapping model of your M2402 should also be set to STATIC instead od Dynamic if not already done (indexed map instead of Auto assigned).
Have also a look to the SAN Switch Zoning. Do not mix in the same zone disk arrays and tape drives.

HTH
Claudio