Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSR Config MSL-SAN-NetApp

Ralf Gerresheim
Frequent Advisor

NSR Config MSL-SAN-NetApp

Hi,

I want to setup NDMP-Backup of a NetApp.
The current environment:
MSL 6060 with 2 NSR and 4 LTO-3 drives, connected via one SAN-Switch to a Dataprotector 6.0 CellServer. Additionally, two other Media-Servers use the Library. Everything is running.
Now a NetApp FAS2030 is added, one FC-connection is made from the NetApp to the SAN-switch. I created a new zonewith the Netapp and the two NSR of the library, save and activate the configuration. On the NSRs I configured the NetApp WWN's to be in the same MAP (indexed) as the other devices.
But I dont get the NDMP-Backup runnning. I've some questions for a general understanding:
1. On the NetApp, I see only two of the 4 LTO-drives and I do not see the library itself (the robotic). Why that?
2. Is the above zoning correct or should there a zone with the DP Cellserver, the NetApp and the two NSR's?
3. Should only the mapping on one NSR contain the Changer? For the moment, I see the Changer in both mappings of the NSRs?

Could you give me some help for the correct configuration of that environment?

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Re: NSR Config MSL-SAN-NetApp

Hi Ralf,

Better check with netapp (now.netapp.com) about this. I had the issue that netapp ws nt detecting the changer but after some steps told by netapp tech which i really dnt remember nw it got detected nd NDMP is working fine since then

will try to have look at my setup and update you if find anything.