4354 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NSR Reboot

Lyndon Frei
Advisor

NSR Reboot

Hi

I've got some sporadic trouble with my backups.
8 SDLTs are hooked up to an m2402 and routed to my backup server with a fca2101

Sometimes my jobs in BrightStor ARCserve crash with SCSI errors and such.

I figured out by looking in the log of the NSR that right about that time it reboots, but I really don't know why.

The only hint I got is the log entry right before the reboot which I cannot interpret.

It looks like this:
Reserved Instruction ExceptionType : 0a Address : 800af48c (inside fcpTrns_sendSpoofResponse) Return Address = 878e6f90 (inside unknown) Virtual Address : 00000018 Task : psOutQ

Can somebody tell me what it means?

TIA
Lyndon
13 REPLIES 13

you might wanna check your other SAN connected servers, may be there has been a scsi reserve/release cmd on one of them causing a reboot.

Make sure your zoning is correct, and your TPLRO parameter is set at "2".

regards
christian
Lyndon Frei
Advisor

Thanks for your replay Christian

But the NSR and my Backup Server are the only connections on that FibreChannel Switch, so I did not set any zones.

I looked for that TPLRO option you mentioned and set it to 2 on the Backupserver with the lputilnt.exe.
But the only parameter I found and set was called ResetTPLRO, not TPLRO.

n e way, my NSR rebooted once more last night with exact the same event in the log. So it seems that parameter did not to the trick...

any other tips?

TIA
Lyndon
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Which version of firmware do you have in the router?

We recently released 5.03.0b.

The journey IS the reward.
Lyndon Frei
Advisor

Version 4.03.16 is loaded in the NSR.

I can't find the newer version you're mentioning on the product support page of the M2402.

Could you possibly direct me to the download location?

Lyndon
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> Could you possibly direct me to the download location?

Sure. You have to look under the 'cross operating system' catagory (a bit non-obvious to some).

The file is for use with the serial/telnet interface.

This link might get you there:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=261320&prodSeriesId=337412&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=COL3566&locBasepartNum=co-12621-3&os=Cross+OS&tech=Firmware

David Ruska
Honored Contributor

And here's the actual file it eventually points to:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3566/co-12621-3/5.3.0b_fw_winston_x.dlx
Lyndon Frei
Advisor

Hey Christian

Thanks for the link to the new firmware!

I uploaded it to the NSR an kept an eye on the backups closely the last few days...

seems like the reboot problem of the device disapeared but there are still messages in the log that disturb me!

First there are quite many of these: SCSI port 13 unexpected disconnect. But they don't seem to impact my backup.

Then last friday night I got SCSI Errors in Brighstor which are surely connected to following event-messages of the NSR:
SCSI port 14 invalid DSA
SCSI port 14 HTH error
SCSI port 14 bus reset
SCSI port 14 invalid DSA
CHK COND with Sense Key=0x3, ASC=0x11, ASCQ=0x0 returned from location 14/0/0

Do you have an idea why this happens?

Lyndon
Jeffrey Flowers

I have had similar problems as well with my M2402. I experienced the reboots as well until I upgraded the firmware to 5.3.0b. Now, I see the SCSI port 15 unexpected disconnect, SCSI port 15 invalid HSA, and SCSI port 15 bus reset. I also had some CHK COND with Sense Key=0x4 a couple nights ago. The next morning, the NSR rebooted again [EXCEPTION: Address error on Load Type : 04 Address: 801AC8F8 (inside reschedule) Return Address: 8010A07C (inside fcpTrns_freeeFcpReq) Virtual Address: 3C1A8027 Task : tFCISRTask]. Hopefully someone else has already seen this and resolved it. Any help is appreciated!!
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Lyndon/Jeffrey,

Using the router web interface, go to "Report" on the main menu, select printable view, and save the whole page off as an html file. Send the file to ltt_team@hp.com, and I'll have the engineers review the error logs.

[Note, I'm not asking everyone with router problems to start sending them to LTT team -they should use their normal support process. However, we [the hp tape automation division] like to monitor the ITRC forums and select specific problems to have engineering look at. We've picked this one, since it might be one that more than one customer is experiencing. << end disclaimer>>]