NSR e1200-300 FC Port mapping

SOLVED
Go to solution
ehuang
Super Advisor

NSR e1200-300 FC Port mapping

Hi there,

I am new to this. Please bear with me.

I attached my mappings table here and I don't see the NSR is on the table. Should it? My library/drives are backing up my servers are just fine. Just want to be sure. Anybody please help to clarify? Very much apprecaited.
9 REPLIES 9
marsh_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: NSR e1200-300 FC Port mapping

hi,

no the nsr itself is not mapped only the fc ports one side and the scsi the other.

Santhosh D
Valued Contributor

Rightly said,, NSR will not be seen on Mapping section only the FC Ports on the NSR is seen...

If I understand ur question in other way, the NSR is detected in OS. You can just check in Device manager and u will be able to see the NSR....if its a direct connect (not in switched fabric)...

Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

This map shows relationships between SCSI devices and Fibre Channel LUNs, just as it is supposed to do. NSR is the device that makes these mappings to work.

J.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

But you can also configure the NSR to present a controller LUN via the mapping mechanism. That way you can update the NSR firmware from the host via Library & Tape Tools - quite useful! (Last time I checked, not all operating systems like the controller LUN, so watch out).
ehuang
Super Advisor

Thank you all above. My another question is: The Priority settings. Mine is Bus/Target. What's the difference btw Target/Bus and Bus/Target? How do I set it up correctly?
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

ehuang
Super Advisor

This is another snapshot.
I see it listed 3 hosts there.(but actually I have only two hosts, and each host has a single connection to the FC switch at the same time.)

8B85832D --> server 1 HBA port2
8B85272E --> server 2 HBA port1
8BA5272E --> server 2 HBA port2

"8B85272E" is definitely not connected to the same FC switch. Why is it there? May I safely "Delete" it from the "Select Host" drop-down? Do I need to perform Discovery on all ports and buses from the Main Menu?

Carlos Corredor
Advisor

Hi, First There identifies who is the server associated with this WWN, then restarts the machine, and tries again.

If the problem persists you must connect yourself to the administrative interface of the switch and eliminate manually the old entry.

Regards
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

I do not know if the system allow you to delete that entry, but if you do not need it, it is safe to cancell it
What I can suggest is to create a map with the drives and the robot you want to present to the hosts, and give it a name (like mymap)
then create an empty map and give it another name (like nullmap)
at this point assign the "mymap" to the hosts that need to see the devices,
and make the "nullmap" the default map

Doing this, if a new host appear on the SAN, when it will automaticaly log in the NSR, the NSR will assign it the default map that in this case is the "nullmap" and this will prevent any config issues.

when this server will need to see the devices (after you will have configured it proprely for SAN environment) you just have to change the assigned map.

marino