StoreEver Tape Storage
1752290 Members
5123 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Need Firmware update for HP SureStore 6000I

Jason_450

Need Firmware update for HP SureStore 6000I

Does anyone know where I can get the firmware for an HP SureStore 6000I? HP says they do not support this anymore. I really need this thing to work!!! PLEASE HELP!!!
4 REPLIES 4
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Need Firmware update for HP SureStore 6000I

Jason,

Software and drives for te HP Surestore 6000l drive can be found at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=nl_NL&pnameOID=12211&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=63995&submit.y=11&submit.x=10тМй=nl&cc=be

Download the LT&T for your OS, it will contain the FW as well. It can't be found under 'cross OS' .

best regards,
Kurt
Jason_450

The LT&T recognizes the drive and knows it is there but when I do the self test in the LT&T it says it cannot complete the test because the error log is full and the only way to empty the error log is to update the firmware. Then I click on the firmware button at the top and it has two buttons - "get firmware from web" and "get firmware from HP." If I click on get firmware from web it freezes and I have to end task. If I click on get firmware from HP it brings up the page where I downloaded LT&T in the first place. When I called HP he said that they do not have the firmware for this thing anymore. I don't know whet else to do!!! How frustrating is this?!?!?
Mario_66
Valued Contributor

Hi Jason,

what type of tape drive you have and what is it current version? And what OS do you have?

M.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

run ltt and check what version you need for that particular drive

It will be c1533a_a907 or something similar.

Then download it from here, you'll have to search through the files for the version you need.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/

copy it locally to your machine in the firm
ware folder and then re-run the firmware update.

Andy