1752780 Members
6217 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Need to connect HVD SCSI tape loader to rp3440

Alan Solomon
Occasional Contributor

Need to connect HVD SCSI tape loader to rp3440

I need to connect my Sun "L9" (actually an HP Surestore model 1/9 with LTO) tape loader to my new HP server model rp3440, running HP-UX 11i. My HP reseller cannot find an HP SCSI card for this. Will an Adaptec PCI card work? They have model AHA-2944UW which looks like would be electrically compatible. Will that card work with HP-UX?
3 REPLIES 3
RBaker
Valued Contributor

Re: Need to connect HVD SCSI tape loader to rp3440

The 2944 will work fine. Might want to terminate the HBA end externally though, can't remember why but that's the way we always used to do it with the early DEC ESA storage which also used the 2944UW.
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Adaptec 2944 should do it, but pls make sure, that this is certified with HP-UX.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Scott McIntosh_2
Honored Contributor

The modern (PCI-based) HP 9000 PA-RISC systems utilize LSI Logic SCSI controllers, not Adaptec. I would not try a 2944; I doubt HP-UX will work with it (unless you have found documented cases of such success).

I would look to obtain one of the single-port or dual-port PCI FWD cards sold for use with HP-UX: A4800A, A5159A, A5159B.

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support