Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to do HARDWARE COMPRESSION

NPD USER
Regular Advisor

Not able to do HARDWARE COMPRESSION

I have 10 IBM LTO II tape drives attached to a STORAGETEK L700 Tape Library. Running Data Protector 5.1 on HP-UX 11.i system. Not able to turn "harware compression" on. I'm only able to store 200GB to LTO II 200/400. How can I turn hardware compression on? Do I need special drivers from IBM to install on my HP HP-UX server. See ioscan file for /dev/rmt informatio.

Thanks,

Mario.
2 REPLIES
pabel
Valued Contributor

Re: Not able to do HARDWARE COMPRESSION

Hi Mario, have you activate the hardware compression on DP?

Devices & Media -> Devices -> L700 -> Drive.

In Drive Properties -> Data Drive there's a hardware compression checkbox.

Regards,
pabel.
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Not able to do HARDWARE COMPRESSION

NPD_User,

To utilize IBM LTO on HP-UX, the IBM LTO for HP-UX device driver is required. This can be obtained from the following URL:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=590&context=STCB7FE&dc=D430&uid=ssg1S4000102&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8〈=en

Please Note: The native HP-UX driver should be used for the library robotic.

best regards,
Kurt