1747984 Members
4415 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Not seeing robot in ioscan

Greg Geyer
Frequent Advisor

Not seeing robot in ioscan

STK L180FC connects to fibre switch (all drives and robot) and then to my servers. SAN admin zoned me and I pick up the drives, but see no IO path to a robotic device in my ioscan. Same fibre card connection for tape drives as robotic control.

I'm expecting to see something in my ioscan, but since I don't I suspect library or SAN issue. Anything I can check on the HP-UX end of things to make sure the host isn't the problem? I had him zone it to another HP host and have the same issue. Had him zone it to an AIX host to see if that host sees it but no results yet (different sys admin).

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Greg Geyer
Frequent Advisor

Re: Not seeing robot in ioscan

FYI:

autox0,schgr,sctl are in the kernel (threw them all in just in case). I don't see an UNKNOWN device in the ioscan, I simply see my bus, HBA and the tape drives.
TTr
Honored Contributor

If you don't see an UNKNOWN device in ioscan, nothing much you can do on the server side. Most likely a robotic device or zoning issue. Who controls the library? Ask that person (or check if it is you) to trace the robotics FC port to the SAN switch port, verify link lights etc. Then ask you SAN admin to verify (and show you) that the switch port of the robotics device is zoned to the server HBA port.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

ioscan -fnk (* refresh kernel *)
insf -e (* refresh device names *)
ioscan -funC autoch
robtest, sgscan, tpconfig (* if you have veritas netbackup *)

mc (* hp-ux command / move cassette *)
mt (* hp-ux command / move tape *)

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90691/mc.1M.html

For example:

# > 'mc -r DS'

DT_slot_1 FULL

ST_slot_1 EMPTY

ST_slot_2 FULL

ST_slot_3 EMPTY

ST_slot_4 EMPTY

ST_slot_5 EMPTY

ST_slot_6 EMPTY
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Greg Geyer
Frequent Advisor

TTr -> thanks for confirming what I suspected. Until I see something in my ioscan there's not much I can do.

Greg Geyer
Frequent Advisor

close