6140 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Only 18 out of 36 mailslots allowed for use on an ESL

Glen Harris
Advisor

Only 18 out of 36 mailslots allowed for use on an ESL

A partitioned ESL712e tape library.

First partition has 16 LTO2 drives with 36 mailslots. Problem: Only 18 mailslots can be used. Why?

Second partition has 4 LTO4 drives with 18 mailslots. All 18 mailslots are allowed to be used.
4 REPLIES 4
Colette Howe 1
Frequent Advisor

I do not think that we can figure out what is happening with out an Interface Manager and library Picker support ticket. Can you collect tem and attach them to this forum. If they will not attach as zip up files unzip them and attach the .ltd files
Glen Harris
Advisor

Thank you! I have a complete Command View TL Support ticket file, but it exceeds the 1 MB file limit. I could send it to you. If this needs to be an actaul support ticket, please create it. If you need addtional information, let me know. Appreciate all your help!
hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Glen,

This is a peer to peer community forum where system / storage administrators may be able to help you with certain questions.

If you are looking for HP Support, you should log a support case with them. You can use the Support Case Manager available on left side for contacting HP Support.

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/mcm/homepageRequest.do

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

There could be several reason, for example the mail slots are configured as storage slots (so they are no longer mail slots).

The guide says (and this is likely the same for mail slots):

Extending a partition will not enable you to change the partition element address of elements already
in the partition. Therefore, all new components added to the partition must have a larger element
address than the last element (of a particular type) in the partition. For example, if a library has 6
tape drives and a partition currently contains Drive 3 and Drive 4. You may extend the partition to
contain drive 5 and 6, but you may not add Drive 1 or Drive 2.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!