StoreEver Tape Storage
1752445 Members
6423 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant ML150 G6 recovery CD BSOD

Árpád Vékás

ProLiant ML150 G6 recovery CD BSOD

We are trying to restore a complete backup made in Data Protector Express 4.0 with the help of a recovery CD made in that program.

The system is a Windows 2003 server 64 bit, with two disks in RAID 1.

The recovery CD recognises the single SATA disk we want to restore the system to, both when it is attached to the RAID controller, and when it is attached to the on-board SATA controller, and the recovery program copies files to start the mini-os.

When the second stage of recovery starts up (the windows kernel of the mini-os), the system stops with BSOD code 0x0000007b. My guess is that it cant find the disk attached to either the RAID card, or the onboard SATA.

Is the Data Protector Express failing to copy the relevant driver files needed to start-up the recovery OS? Can the DPE program configured, as to what drivers to copy onto the recovery CD?

P.S. This thread has been moved Mfrom ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business). - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Bjoern13
Advisor

Re: ProLiant ML150 G6 recovery CD BSOD

Hello,

can you give further information regarding your controller?
You said that you tried it with the onboard controller (B110i) and another RAID controller. Is this a P410?
When you tried it with the onboard controller, which setting was used? Was it SATA-RAID enabled or not?

Since you want to bring the backup back to just one Hard Drive, did you configure it as RAID 0?

BR

Bjoern

-----------------
I am an HP employee.

Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.