New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with C1537A

SOLVED
Go to solution
T. Muskatewitz
Occasional Contributor

Problem with C1537A

Hello all,
two days ago our internal DDS3-drive starts making trouble. Every time after inserting a new media (used or new HP-DDS3 tape) the "clean"-LED flashes continuously, although the cleaning-cartridge is used once every two weeks. Ejecting the media and using the cleaning cartridge stops the flashing. I then re-insert the media and start the backup job which is always aborted a few minutes later. The backup software (ArcServeIT 6.61) reports error E6914 - error on tape or tape drive. The win2k logs don't show anything regarding tape alerts or errors.
I tried to get rid of that by using the cleaning cartidge 5 times (as recommended) but it won't work.
Please have a look at the attached LTT support ticket for further details about the drive and the system.
Hope that someone could help me with that problem...
Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Look at support ticket. It says "Your drive may require re-calibration. If you are still having problems, and your drive is in warranty, please contact support for details on how to recalibrate your drive. Otherwise, check the help topic 'Recalibration script'".
Go to 'Files', then 'Get files from web...' then 'scripts', download ddsWriteRecal.ssc (DDS3 Write Recalibration) script, run it and try testing drive again.
Good luck!
Eugeny
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

The last errors logged to by your drive indicate write problems.
As the previous poster suggested try running the calibration script. You can do this from LTT. You appear to have the latest script versions and so you should already have the correct script.
From LTT, select Utilities and run script. Browse the script folder for a file called ddsWriteRecal.ssc. Run this script on you drive to see if it helps recalibrate the read write head.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar.
T. Muskatewitz
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the help. I started the script and now it seems to work again. I'll have an eye on the drive within the next few days... :-)