StoreEver Tape Storage
1748169 Members
4152 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with HP StorageWorks Ultrium 920 tape drive LTO-3

Problem with HP StorageWorks Ultrium 920 tape drive LTO-3

I have problem with external HP StorageWorks Ultrium 920 tape drive LTO-3. It is installed and works correctly until Windows security update. After each update it dissapears from Device manager list and NT Backup doesn't see it (as it is disconected).

I succedeed several times to get it back by performing a new installation of drivers/software from CD but the recent problem can not solve in the same way. Also, it is very annoying and unreliable to loose it each time Windows update occurs.

It is connected to HP ProLiant DL360 R05 Server with Win 2003. The same server with the same backup device but with Win 2003 x64 version works fine.

Any idea what is wrong and how to solve it permanently?

Thx.
5 REPLIES 5
Olibe Babaco
Frequent Advisor

Hi Vladimir,

acc. to me you just loose the hp driver, by the update of the windows, but why this does not happen by the x64 version is realy a mistery

it is simple for resolving, if it is a resolution for you to stop updating the windows...

regards
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Vladimir, maybe everytime windows updates it changes the driver not only for the Tape drive but for the HBA as well.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles

Olibe, that was my idea too but the problem is that it can not be recovered now...

Pablo, yes that might be a problem. Any idea how to solve it?

Thx,
Vlado
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

What HBA do you have what version of driver do you have ?
Pablo Alv Siles