StoreEver Tape Storage
1752378 Members
6698 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with HP tape library!

Mpetrishin

Problem with HP tape library!

We have HP 1/8 Ultrium 960 Tape Autoloader (AF204A). What does it mean error code: A5 F2? F2 it`s sub-code?
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with HP tape library!

The error code A5 mean a fan error and the sub-code F2 mean fan at drive was originator of the error as mentioned and the solution is given at

http://h20499.www2.hp.com/gts/sparks/public/Storage_1x8Auto_All_START_Null_PUB_EN%20?lang=en&cc=US&product=Storage&series=na&subseries=na&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=327382
Mpetrishin

Hmm... and where situated this fan? I see only one fan: at rear side of autoloader. This is it? Or this fan is reason for it: "F1 = fan at rear of chassis was originator of the error"?

Here is interesting situation. Sometimes library is work good. Sometimes this error on front panel and errors in event log on server which working with this library.

For example backup task start in 21:00:00 (we using Veritas 11d).

In 21:00:03 in "system" branch of event log writed new error. Source: BNCHMRK2. Type: error. Code: 11. Description of event (my translate from rusian): "Can`t find description for event with code (11) from source (BNCHMRK2). Probably this computer not have some data in register or DLL-files for viewing messages from remote computers. Try to using /AUXSOURCE= key in order to recieve this description... bla bla bla."

In 21:00:04 in "application" branch another error is appear. Now source is Backup Exec and code of error 58053. "The robotic library has reported a general hardware error condition. Manual intervention, calibration, etc., may be required. This may be a device related hardware problem, or it may be some other hardware problem (i.e. SCSI card/bus etc.). The library and drive states have been set to offline. Please attend to this condition".

After this Veritas show me library in "offline" and job stay queued. I can go to devices menu and make library online and all is work again. Error on front of library panel is hide and all is OK. But when I come in morning all is repeat again.

So reason for it is defective drive fan? Probably it`s result of overheating?

In october we change this library in defects reason. Library is really new.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

The fan is a drive fan and is an internal drive. The fan might be having intermittent problem where it will slow down and firmware detection of it will offline the library in order to protect the library from overheating and consequent damage. I would replace the fan.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00411112/c00411112.pdf