108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems using hp L&TT 3.5 to update MSL5026

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Thanks Clay. Do you recall what the FSC codes or messages where?

If you could send us a support ticket for the library (to ltt_team) we can investigate further.
The journey IS the reward.
Andrew Riley
Occasional Advisor

Switching for the StorPort FC driver to miniPort did the trick.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Andrew, glad changing drivers resolved it.

FYI, here's some info from the release notes of SR3, which made storport support better, but there is still some known issues:

OS Support:
Added support for Windows StorPort driver (see NSR issue below)

StorPort bus device scan hangs if there is an Network Storage Router (NSR) on the bus and the NSR driver has been installed. This is caused by the NSR driver using the null.sys reference which causes requests to the NSR being lost. The workaround is to use an alternative driver which is currently being evaluated by the NSR team.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Clay wrote:
> I wouldn't upgrade the firmware past v430.

> I upgraded to 507 twice and both times I ended up getting a password from tech support to downgrade it.

The 5.07 firmware had an issue with the learning alorigthm can caused robotic problems in certain units.

That issue should be resolved in the 5.13 fimware revision that should be published fairly soon.
clay bowman
Frequent Advisor

Perfect David this is the type of feedback we all need. I could have sent you some L&TT's but I like the response from you.I would give you points, but I didn't start the thread.

Clay
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Clay, glad the info helps. We just published the 5.13 firmware this afternoon. It's available in LTT "Get files from web", and should be on the web for manual download in a day or so.

Here's the changes from 5.07 to 5.13:

BugFix:
Fixed a firmware update issue in 5.12 firmware that caused a small number of units to reboot continuously

BugFix:
Added a fix for retrieving firmware from the web via the web-based remote management interface

BugFix:
Changed behavior between the Ultrium drives and robotics to prevent getting in a "tug-of-war" state

BugFix:
Fixed a potential pass-through jam

BugFix:
Fixed status message to display, "The Drive Cleaning operation completed with an error" when Drive Cleaning Operation requested from the web remote management interface with an expired cleaning cartridge (it previously displayed, "The Drive Cleaning operation has completed successfully")

BugFix:
Fixed issue with the Ultrium drive firmware update on the web remote management interface for some firmware images

Enhancement:
Added "Sequential Autoloader" mode to permit sequential operation when there are gaps between occupied magazine slots

Enhancement:
Modified Sequential Split mode for 10U products so each magazine is allocated to one of the four drives

Enhancement:
Forced reporting that a barcode is installed in the standard SCSI Inquiry response for the partition controller cards.

Enhancement:
Ultrium 960 drives are locked to the SCSI Ultra 160 speed on hot-plug capable MSL 6000 libraries on the non-hot-plug/integrated chassis models they will be able to run at the SCSI Ultra 320 speed. On MSL 5000 libraries, they will run at the SCSI Ultra 80 speed.

Enhancement:
Enhanced the algorithm for putting a tape in a slot to ensure the picker releases the media

Enhancement:
Prevents potential jams at the Ultrium slot 14 by changing the algorithm for stowing a cartridge

Enhancement:
Improved calibration algorithms

Enhancement:
Protects the shuttle ribbon cable by changing the robot behavior after a pass-through stow operation.

Enhancement:
Will now post messages on the front panel when the end of a sequential operation is detected

Enhancement:
Prevents firmware downgrades below library firmware 5.07 for non-hot-plug/integrated chassis versions of the library

Enhancement:
Uses HP power-up screen and HP logo in the help button

Enhancement:
Status message will now display "The Drive Cleaning operation completed successfully" when Clean Drive is requested from the GUI with a good cleaning cartridge (previously there was no display)

Enhancement:
Determines magazine generation (legacy or new modeled design) on the first fetch from a magazine so all subsequent fetch and stow operation are perfectly centered

Enhancement:
Inserted an "Integrated Chassis" line on the web remote management interface to identify the non-hot-plug/integrated chassis models

Enhancement:
Display the current cart cycle and drive cycle counts for the Drive Cycle Test requested from the web remote management interface