1752748 Members
4807 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Problems with SureStore Dat24 model C1555D

Ernesto Soares
Frequent Advisor

Problems with SureStore Dat24 model C1555D

Hi there,has any one come across this type of problem. When you switch the divice on the green light flikers for a while then it goes to the orange light meaning it need to be cleaned i´ve already cleaned it and it still carrys on the same does natone know what it could be?
5 REPLIES 5
rich pattison
Trusted Contributor

Re: Problems with SureStore Dat24 model C1555D

The amber cleaning LED is used to indicate the need for a cleaning tape, or an error condition - depending on when it illuminates. for example, if it comes on just after power-up, with no tape loaded - this means a hardware error. There are some troubleshooting tips available:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=42863&taskId=110

Best plan would be to run L&TT device analysis, or generate a support ticket to see if the drive is faulty.
Ernesto Soares
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rich.

Rich can you tell me were I can get a HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools. Rich if you have the part Nº can you send it to me will be appreciated.

Thanks
rich pattison
Trusted Contributor

L&TT is a free download, but you will need to select an Operating System - (most UNIX, Netware, Windows are supported) - this link is to the homepage:

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/specifications.html

If you've not used it before - there's a user guide in the manuals section. Check the Quickspecs to find a list of supported devices, (almost all SureStore, and StorageWorks devices are supported). If you run any tests - make sure you don't have 'live' data on any media you use.

I'm not sure what part number you want - do you mean a replacement drive ??.
Ernesto Soares
Frequent Advisor

Hi there Rich

Thanks for the info it was appreciated, Rich if you open this link you will see what I wrote about, if you know the product part nº I would appreciate it if you could e-mail it to me, my e-mail is jqr.ernesto@sapo.pt

Thanks once more.
rich pattison
Trusted Contributor

Sorry - I don't have a part number for this option. I suspect it will be a "box-swap" replacement anyway, so it may be quicker calling your HP Authorized reseller and getting a new, or refurbished unit if your existing one is faulty