1753522 Members
6722 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

QTM 4500S

Ferm├нn Mena Santos
Occasional Contributor

QTM 4500S

I have a QTM 4500S DLT autocharger and "error CTL" or "Error UNK" are displayed. After "error CTL", the autoloader does a reset and, after four or five failed attempt, it can load the cartridge and works normally. If I turn on the machine holding the "Display Mode" button, I can see errors 0A1H and 0B1H just before to do a new "load reset" and a new attempt to load the cartridge. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Re: QTM 4500S

Hi there.
So somebody else has the same problems.
The QTM4500S is a pretty old tape backup system containing a DLT4000 drive and 5 cartridges DLT IV. It should be connected to a SCSI interface of it's own ( SCSI SE )
and have an active terminator on the unused port. Originally manufactured by Quantum and relabeled by HP.

Perhaps some of the members, who are in here a bit longer, could help with some info.

We use to ignore the errors and do our backups.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Re: QTM 4500S

Hi Fermin, I actually had one of these units pass through my hands a few weeks ago, and could find no information on HP, but however I went on the Quantum site and was able to find the manual for it. Perhaps you could try that course of action
hope this helps
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar