StoreEver Tape Storage
1751760 Members
5622 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Quantum DLT 7000

Majid Siddiki

Quantum DLT 7000

Does anyone know if Quantum DLT 7000 Tape Drive 35/70 Model TH6AE-MH would work in K370 11.0 box, also would it work on native bus. thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
You must connect the drive to a FWD SCSI interface on the HSC bus in that machine. The HP PB is not enough for it. You should have at least one HSC connector on your box.
The drive needs that interface all for itself,
no other devices should be connected or daisychained.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Doug Rauenzahn
Advisor

Hello

The DLT 700 drive is supported on both HSC and HPPB cards, so you could use either. But as Alexander was eluding to, the HSC card is preferable as the HPPB card really doesn't have the performance to push the drive. In order to get the best performance, I'd suggest the HSC card too.
paul courry
Honored Contributor

I agree with the previous writer. You may use either a HPPB or HSC card. The HSC is only required for the DLT8000. He was also correct about putting nothing else on the SCSI chain, unless it is another tape drive or CD that will absolutely, positively NOT be used when the DLT7000 is being used.

I also suggest you search this forum for other threads, there are some good ones about the internal bandwidth of the HSC cards on your box.