1752578 Members
4971 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

R: Need Drivers for PD071H Ultrium LTO 3 Tape drive

FixThisTapeDriv

R: Need Drivers for PD071H Ultrium LTO 3 Tape drive

Good Day,

I urgently need to get my PD071H Ultrium LTO3 Tape drive working.  There is nothing on HPE or HP for it.  A quick Google search finds that vendors still have their pages for it, but not HP.  I find blogs with links to sketchy driver sites, but our firewall blocks those.

We have the PD071H plugged into an Adaptec SCSI Card 29160, on an old box running 32 bit XP.  I moved it there b/c the software that comes with the adaptec card is what we used to use to write our tapes, that old XP box is the same model as the one that the tape drive was last used with, and I couldn't find a 64 bit Windows 7 version of the SCSI card drivers AND software.  

Any Help in this matter would be extremely appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

Re: R: Need Drivers for PD071H Ultrium LTO 3 Tape drive

This is  the link but seems for some reason you need to sign in to download or even have a service contract maybe, unless theres some other way. there is a chance it will work with the windows driver

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_c365243d2be44315a5583baf70

theres also a good chance the driver from quantums site may work as they used HP LTO3's drives back then.

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Re: R: Need Drivers for PD071H Ultrium LTO 3 Tape drive

The drivers are still available without requiring an account or sign in but there is a problem with the way the drivers are listed for older LTO drives so they are hard to find.

If you go to the product support page:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3238933&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=54

And in the OS selection pick "OS Independent" then you will get to the link for the driver download.

The OS list is not supposed to be there but on the older LTO drives it is still there and is surprisingly hard to get removed.

You can also go to a newer LTO tape drive, there is one HPE tape driver bundle for all LTO drives regardless of generation.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo