StoreEver Tape Storage
1748177 Members
4198 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Recommendation for quiet rack server to drive MSL2024 with dual LTO8 drives

deonb

Recommendation for quiet rack server to drive MSL2024 with dual LTO8 drives

I'm currently driving my MSL2024 from a SuperMicro X9, but the thing is driving me crazy. It's so noisy nobody in the office wants to be around it. (Much noisier than the tape library).

Does anybody have a recommendation for a fairly quiet 1U or 2U server than can be used to drive 2 concurrent LTO8 Fiber Channel 30750 FC Tape Drives without stalling?

So the server must have at least 2x 8GB Fiber Channel connectors and 1x 10GB SFP+ network connector with 5 SATA or SAS drive bays.

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Recommendation for quiet rack server to drive MSL2024 with dual LTO8 drives

System recommended content:

1. HPE StoreEver MSL2024 Tape Libraries - Option Parts

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Recommendation for quiet rack server to drive MSL2024 with dual LTO8 drives

Hello @deonb,

You can consider StoreOnce 3620, 3640 or StoreOnce VSA. StoreOnce systems support Virtual tape library and all those specifications you are expecting.

Here is the product details - https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/c04328820.html?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Recommendation for quiet rack server to drive MSL2024 with dual LTO8 drives

You may find this link useful as well about HPE StoreOnce 3620 and 3640 - https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/c04328820?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo