StoreEver Tape Storage
1752675 Members
5422 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Restore from a tape

Mauricio Miloqui

Restore from a tape

Hi, i want to restore a folder of the server that has been erased on wednesday. I have the friday, monday and tuesday backup tape. On the restore job, in first place i have to check the folder that a want to restore. But te folder was erased. How i can do this? the tapes have the folder that a i need, but is no longer on the server for chek. Im using dpe 3.5 sp2 on 2003 server.
5 REPLIES 5
thomasr
Respected Contributor

Re: Restore from a tape

This is actually a slightly confusing thing about restoring from tape.

If you're trying to restore just one directory (which you are), it's asking you where to put that directory. For instance, if you are trying to restore the whole C:\User directory tree, you'd tell it to restore to C:\ . If you're trying to restore just the "Drawing" directory that had been at F:\Products\Design\Drawing , you'd tell it to restore to F:\Products\Design\ .

If you were trying to restore just a few particular files to the L:\Parts directory, where L:\Parts had been deleted, you could also create the directory in Windows File Mangler or from the command line. Then select L:\Parts as the restore target.
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
BBega

hi, a have the same problem, but i reinstalled OS and change the drive letter (rebuilt log. disks).
what can i do in this case?
thnx.
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Mauricio if you don't get to see the deleted folder under the restore job that means that there is no backup of this folder or that it is a new domian in this case try a import media job to read the data on the tape cartridge.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

BBegi you need to perform a import media before running the resstore job.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
BBega

it's worked.
Thanks a lot Pablo for your response.