StoreEver Tape Storage
1752579 Members
3972 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

SC44Ge Controller Card Does not recognize Quantum LTO-3 SAS Tape Drive

Gemal

SC44Ge Controller Card Does not recognize Quantum LTO-3 SAS Tape Drive

Hi, I have a Quantum LTO-3 SAS tape drive, internal. Quantum specifies that LSI 3442e-IR card is supported as a controller card for the tape drive. This HBA is identical to the HP SC44Ge HBA (p/n 416155-001), which also have the -IR firware using the 1068E-IR (B1) chipset. But LSI and Quantum insist that you have to update the -IR firmware to the -IT (initiator target) for the HBA to recognize the tape drive. But I have not read any notes, or advisory by HP that they use the Initiator Target firware update for the SC44Ge to recognize their SAS Storageworks LTO tape drives.

I have updated the SC44Ge firmware to version 1.23.42.00 IR as per the advisory, made changes to the bios setup to "recognize all devices". No dice. My Quauntum LTO-3 SAS is still not being recognized. I am using one of 4 Octopus SATA 7-1 pin cable comming out of the controller card. No dice. I am flumoxed. Can anyone help if they have had same problem and found a way to solve it? thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: SC44Ge Controller Card Does not recognize Quantum LTO-3 SAS Tape Drive

Hi Gemal,

what is the server model to which you are trying to connect this tape drive "HP StorageWorks Ultrium 920 SAS Internal"

Is HP SC44Ge HBA detected on the post?
LED status of the tape drive?

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo