1753278 Members
5720 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCSI Cables Storage Works 3U to SmartArray 5i

John Hastings
Occasional Contributor

SCSI Cables Storage Works 3U to SmartArray 5i

Can anyone tell me the part number for a cable to connect from a StorageWorks 3U enclosure (68 pin) to a SmartArray 5i controller in a ProLiant DL380 G2 (looks like a 50 pin HD)?
I have been looking for detailed specs on connectors and cables without a whole lotta luck.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Stuart Whitby
Trusted Contributor

I'd recommend getting another controller for this one if you can and a straightforward 68-68 cable. As soon as you attach a narrow device to a wide bus, every device on that bus gets dropped to narrow status. As such, you'll lose a bunch on performance for every other device on there.

No idea about part numbers though :)
A sysadmin should never cross his fingers in the hope commands will work. Makes for a lot of mistakes while typing.
Grzegorz Karnas
Occasional Advisor

ProductBulletin says that DL380G2 has 68HD SCSI external connector (from SA5i). So, you need this cable:
68-pin HD/68-pin HD, 5 m (External Cables) - 328215-001.
and connection of narrow device to wide controller slow down but only external channel of SA5i. Internal one will work fine.

Grzes
John Hastings
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your replies.
For anyone else that runs into this, the cable needed is 68-pin VHDCI male (from the controller) to 68-pin HDTS male (from the enclosure). HP order number is C2361B for the 1 meter, C2362B for 2.5 meter, C2365B for the 5 meter and C2363B for the 10 meter.
Thanks again,
JH
Bob_196
Trusted Contributor

If your still looking into this - it is strongly recommended not to config the 3U to the array controller - get a seperate card like a ADAPTEC 29160LP PCI card