108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SCSI Interface Description for Ultrium 460

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steven Hirsch
Advisor

Re: SCSI Interface Description for Ultrium 460

I'm getting a little confused here. Should I expect the firmware update tool to be capable of this upgrade, or do I need to find a different firmware image somehere?

I am working with: CP010445.scexe and it's trying to download F62W*. Please clarify what I should be using and where to find it?
Steven Hirsch
Advisor

Rich, did you receive the message with my e-mail address?
Steven Hirsch
Advisor

Regarding firmware: I recall that the downloader never worked for me and had kept note of the ftp area for the various binaries. Found and downloaded F68W/OEM20 and LTT had no problem flashing it. So, all set there.

For my general edification: What are the differences between auto-changer and standalone drive firmware? Is it possible to flash my unit with standalone firmware, since that's the way I'll be using it?
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The difference between autochanger and standalone firmware is mostly that the standalone firmware doesn't have the autochanger interface functionality. When the autochanger interface isn't connected an autochanger drive will function like a standalone drive. A standalone drive can't operate in an automation environment.

Firmware types can't be changed outside of the factory so the firmware you have is the best available.
Steven Hirsch
Advisor

Rich, I have not received the document yet.
Rich P
Occasional Advisor

Steven I have received no email from you
Steven Hirsch
Advisor

Well, I had composed a lengthy answer, but your server malfunctioned and it never posted...

Short answers:

a) Not sure what happened to the e-mail, but I found the Ultrium 2 SCSI document at Sun's web site. All set here, but thanks anyway.

b) My problem was fixed by adding 'scsi2logical=1' to /etc/stinit.def

c) These drives do not get along with U160 HBAs using Symbios 1010 chipsets. Continual renegotiation and bus errors. Switched to an Adapter 29160 and all was well.

d) Newest firmware is F6AW, not F68W.

Thanks again for all the help!
MarkSear
Occasional Visitor

I just came across this whilst searching for LTO1 and LTO2 SCSI command references (I do realise I am tagging on to a very old post, but it was a relevant topic) and was wondering if anyone can help us obtain these. We write software for restoring data from tapes, and have most of the later LTO manuals, but have just found an issue with the return value from a read attribute command from an LTO2, the command works for LTO3 and later, so getting hold of the SCSI reference would be very useful. Can anyone assist?