3629 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SDLT 110 tape stuck - help!

Arif Syed
Occasional Contributor

SDLT 110 tape stuck - help!

Hi there,
I have a Compaq SDLT 110/220 drive. I just put in a brand new Dell SDLT cartridge and its stuck. I haven't even used it yet but the drive won't eject it and continues in a cycle to make grinding noise, flash the green middle led for a while, then rapidly flash all leds for a sec then back to the beginning again. Pressing the eject button has no effect. Drive was working fine before and it was a new cartridge. Any ideas how to get it out? Tried switching the mains off and on a few times but still does the same thing.
4 REPLIES 4
Arif Syed
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks for the info. The forced eject procedure does not do anything as well - it simply keeps doing the same cycle over and over. I am new to SDLT as I was using DLT previously - this is only the 2nd cartridge ever used in my drive and it was new media! I assume the drive will have to be dismantled to remove it - is there no little hole like you get on CD/DVD drives to manually eject it?
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

Arid,

The manual removal procedure of a tape drive is discussed in appendix D of the manual:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_201412e2(1)/TPM_201412e2(1).pdf

best regards,
Kurt
Manmith