StoreEver Tape Storage
1752740 Members
5732 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SDLT 320 Density Select

Helmut Mann

SDLT 320 Density Select

With the SDLT 320 Streamer comes a CD with several utilities.
I bought an used drive but the CD was missing.
Can please anybody tell me if the content is available for download from HP support page (could not find it) or give me a link to the "Density Select" Utility. It is needed for changing write density, because there is only an indicator light but no button to change it.
What else is on that CD?
5 REPLIES 5
Darren_83

I've yet to come across that software. Somehow I always get pointed back to L&TT, which, as far as I can tell, doesn't have the ability to change the density.

I have found this thread though: (hope it helps)

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=481907

Manual: (in case you don't have it already)

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/techdoc/sdlt/201412e3.pdf

-Darren
Helmut Mann

Thanks for answering, but I do have the manual and it says on page 55 that you need that "Densitiy Select" utility which you can find on the CD in the SDLT kit.
It would be great, if anybody has that CD (a SDLT 320 owner) and could send that tool by mail or give me a link for download.
Dave_366
Occasional Contributor

I looked in the box that our SDLT drive came in and there is a CD in there. There is a Density Select tool for Windows and Linux on that CD.

I would think HP would make that available for people to download since you already bought the $3000 dollar piece of hardware. I do not have any way to send this since I am not sure if it is a license violation to do so or not. Keep searching, maybe talk to your HP rep and get a replacement copy that way.
Scott McIntosh_2
Honored Contributor

I can't find anything about a density select tool other than the appendix in the reference guide. You're probably going to just have to call HP sales and say you need "X", since being a used drive, I doubt you have a support contract on it.

Someone with the CD should ante up the part number on it so you're not talking blind to HP. Like I said, I can't even find it via a search, so without a CD part number, it's not going to be pretty.

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
Helmut Mann

I had already contact by phone with HP support and even they could not tell me why the CD it is not available for download now at the HP web site. They promised they will try to make it available but it will take some time. The CD is even not available as a spare part. For a quick solution they gave to me the advice to find someone here in the forum who will send a copy to me by mail. It is not a violation of any copyrights because it is only useful for owners of that drive.