1748129 Members
3627 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SDLT600 Firmware versions

Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

SDLT600 Firmware versions

I'm confused by the version number information available with the latest firmware for SDLT600s (V040). I'm running LTT 4.0SR2 on a Tru64 5.1B-3 box. We have two SDLT600s in an MSL5026 connected via SAN. From the HP FTP site I see four firmware files which may apply:

LTT_SDLT600_V040_HPQ-2.frm
LTT_SDLT600_V040_HPQ-3.frm
LTT_SDLT600_V040_HPQ-6.frm
LTT_SDLT600_V040_HPQ-7.frm

I place all four files in the /opt/ltt/firmware directory and try a firmware upgrade. The 'HPQ-2' variant is always selected, but after the upgrade the firmware rev in LTT says "V040/HPQ-2 (Standalone)" Why am I getting a standalone version of firmware for drives in a library. I can't find any documentation on what each variant is really meant for. Any advice appreeciated!
7 REPLIES 7
Christian Peter
Frequent Advisor

Re: SDLT600 Firmware versions

maybe your library isn't correctly scanned by L&TT? to procede a frw update you have to select the library! not the drive!

if you select the library to make a frw update the L&TT software select the correct frw!

greetings chris
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Nope - same result. I selected ONLY the library in LTT and then let it find the drives through the library. I then uploaded F/W again and the "HPQ-2 (Standalone)" variant was selected.
Christian Peter
Frequent Advisor

mh, i don't really know if the v040 standalone frw is the same for the library drive

e.g. hp dds3 standalone drives have frw L411... the hp dds3 library with the same drive has frw L812 ... maybe your drive was flashed once before with the wrong frw and now it isn't possible to "downgrade" the drive with the library firmware...

if this is the cause oyu have to contact hp and ask for a special password to downgrade the rigt library firmware with HP L&TT

maybe my answer was helpfully
greetings chris
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

The firmware you mentioned if for standalone drives.
You need to ALWAY flash firmware with the library also selected, you can not flash the firmware just for one part. This will cause communication errors and will probably cause the issue you are having with incorrect firmware being identified...
To my knowledge an MSL 5026 does not have an SDLT 600 drive.
Are you sure that you have an MSL 5026?
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Thanks, I think I'll open a call with HP.

Yes, it's definitely a MSL5026 with SDLT600s. They sold them that way for a short while just before the MSL 5xxx series libraries were discontinued.
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

From what you have described, it appears the incorrect firmware has been installed on your MSL. I would suggest cantacting the MSL support group at 1-800-474-6836 and use the keyword 'MSL' to get in touch with them. You have downloaded the wrong firmware for the library.
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

From what you have described, it appears the incorrect firmware has been installed on your MSL. I would suggest contacting the MSL support group at 1-800-474-6836 and use the keyword 'MSL' to get in touch with them. You have downloaded the wrong firmware for the library.