1753587 Members
6855 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SLES 9, HP DAT 72 Hot-Plug Tape Drive

CA1329523

SLES 9, HP DAT 72 Hot-Plug Tape Drive

Hi.
I'm installing a StorageWorks DAT 72 tape drive (hot plug) and I can't find the driver for Suse Linux Enterprise Sever 9, where I can find this driver or which one I would use?
I have a HP Proliant DL 380 G4, when starting the machine the tape is found, but I can't use it from Suse.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
CA1329523

Re: SLES 9, HP DAT 72 Hot-Plug Tape Drive

It was a probles in the configuration of the server. I need to separte the sci boxes, inside the server are the graphics to do that, It was necesary a terminal. After that I was able to create and restore files from the tape, I do not need drivers.
CA1335139

How exactly did you solve this problem?? I have the same problem and I can't find a solution for it.

Can you describe it in detail??

Thanks.
Jan.
CA1329523

When you open the server, internally exists some digrams about the Systems Configuration and SCSI Cabling Configurations. In this last section you can find a graphic about the Embedded Duplex SCSI, you must follow that graphic to you server look like that graphic (see the Short SCSI Cable and you need a Terminator, if you not put the terminator the led show error). You can see the leds to be sure that you do all fine. After, to peforma a test you could use from SUSE, for example, tar cvpf /dev/rmt5 (You must change the number five for your tape scsi Id that is displayed when turn on the server). I hope this help to you.
Antonio Northia

Luis, te queria consultar algo tu en tu servidor tenias un Smart Array y si lo tenias no te dio problema cuando cambiaste la configuracion agregandole el Terminator.

Yo tengo el mismo problema y queria saber si no tengo problema con el arreglo de discos.

Atte.

Antonio