5635 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSL1016 Detected as Standalone

Andy Goodwin_1
Occasional Contributor

SSL1016 Detected as Standalone

Hi,

Having clean installed Win2003 SP1 my SSL1016 is showing as standalone. It was working fine previously under 2000 SP4. I have run the tape tools and they only show the drive. I have tried changing the scsi card drivers and reloading 2000 back again but still can only see the drive not the autoloader.
I have just tried changing the scsi id's for drive and changer but this didn't make any difference either.
Does anyone have any idea's?
thanks
Andy
2 REPLIES 2
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Andy,

Which drive type do you have?

The DLT1 and the SDLT 320 products use a (non-zero) SCSI LUN for the autoloader. The 1016 Ultrum 460 is the only one that uses a separate SCSI ID.

Does your HBA support (and have enabled) LUNs? Sometimes LUN support is disabled to speed up scanning for devices.

If the card has a BIOS, does it banner both the drive and autoloader at boot?
The journey IS the reward.
Andy Goodwin_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply.

Its the Ultrium 460. I read elsewhere about LUNS and wasn't sure so I tried turning them on for all id's. It didn't make a difference. I haven't tried turning them off again though.

The card is an adaptec 29160LP.

I have read some earlier posts about other autoloaders and reading your point I had a look the adaptec bios doesn't show the autoloader on boot, just the drive.

thanks

Andy