1753969 Members
7370 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SSL1016 compatibility problem

Darko Tuzlic_1
Occasional Advisor

SSL1016 compatibility problem

I need one information (I can't find it anywhere) - is it possible to use SSL1016 autoloader with SmartaArray 642 controller? Problem is that controller recognizes tape drive, but it won't recognize autoloader. Thanks for help.
4 REPLIES 4
Ed Garcia_3

Re: SSL1016 compatibility problem

this might be the info you're looking for: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/techdoc/ebs/EBSMatrix-0705.pdf
best,
ed
Is this thing on??
Darko Tuzlic_1
Occasional Advisor

I don't se here SA642 controller - maybe there's some other matrix? There's no controller compatibility matrix at autoloaders (this is autoloader SSL1016). Anyway, thx for help
Jenny Butler
Frequent Advisor

If you are using Windows 2003 Server, you will need to download some kits from this url - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=316063&prodTypeId=12169

It's under the Business Support Center on the HP web site. If you are on another OS, they are listed there. I have only used the SSL1016 on Windows. With the LT&T software and others from this web site, I have been able to use the whole thing. If you get this software and still have issues, post the OS, version, and exactly what you are trying to do. Good luck, Jenny Butler
Darko Tuzlic_1
Occasional Advisor

Thnks for help - it seems that this SSL1016 is not workig with SA642. I think I solved it.