4559 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSL2020 fault code 3013

Skenteridis
Occasional Contributor

SSL2020 fault code 3013

Hi,
We have a SSL2020, and I have tried to clean DRV1, but the tape remain in the drive after the cleaning. I have tried to unload it manually but I receive the error : "Fault Code 3013 Drive Fetch Failed. Enter to Reboot or Power Down to Clear". I reboot but nothing change !
Can someone help
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Dan Bruzzone

I too have been having the same issue for the past few days. I have rebooted both the server and SSL2020 multiple times and it still says there is a tape in the drive. Everytime I try to remove the tape I get the same Fault Code: 3013 error. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Skenteridis
Occasional Contributor

A technician of HP came.
He opened the library and we see that all functioned correctly except that the robot hesitated when he tried to take the tape from the drive.
He made a good cleaning and now the library seems to function correctly.

Try to open the cover and to see the reaction of the robot to see at which time it blocks
Dan_267

I actually became frustrated with it and decided to open it up on Tuesday afternoon. I had never seen the inside of a tape autoloader before and it really isn't that complicated. I shutdown the SSL2020 with the cover open and reboot the system. I noticed that it wouldn't pull the tape from Drive 2, even though the drive was ejecting the tape. I manually removed the tape and proceeded to run a maintenance job (Cycle tapes). After some time the loader had moved tapes all over the place and stopped. I then reinserted the tape I removed (into the library) and rebooted the SSL2020. Everything seems to be working now. I completed a full back up Tuesday night (about 27 hours) and then a Diff backup last evening.

So far so good. It seems the drive needs some help everyonce in awhile.

-Dan
Skenteridis
Occasional Contributor

Open cover and take the tape out manually