1751894 Members
5198 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Same errors here...can anybody help?

CA691843
Occasional Contributor

Same errors here...can anybody help?

I recently purchased a new HP DAT24i, Product number C1555D.I have not been able to do a single backup yet. I get "requested media failed to mount, the operation was aborted" every time: brand new HP DDS3, old HP DDS3, Verbatim, Sony, it don't matter.
I have it attached to an Adaptec 29320 scsi card, using the lvd cable that came with the scsi card along with the lvd to 50-pin adapter that came with the tape drive. I am running XP Professional (up-to-date-drivers, blah blah).
My old HP DDS3 drive (pulled from an old HP9000)never failed but was getting old so I got this one. I am wishing I had the old drive back so please prove me wrong.
1 REPLY 1
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: Same errors here...can anybody help?

1- the cable that you are using should be terminated
2- try to set the scsi speed on the channel where the DAT is connected to 20 MB/s and set to 8 bits ( or Narrow mode),
3- be sure to not have scsi ID conflict
4- check if the DAT is detected at boot time
5- run L&TT to check for communication errors or drive errors
6-if you are using the backup applet of XP, you should go through the Removable Storage Manager and prepare/mount your cartridge before to use it in the tape Drive
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)