StoreEver Tape Storage
1753511 Members
4958 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: See No Restore Possibilities From Session Copies nor Media Copy

eric copenhagen

See No Restore Possibilities From Session Copies nor Media Copy

When I prompt for restore version, I do not see any reflection of my copies. Why not?

Background:

Original backup session: to LTO3 tape. It shows up as a restore version.

Copy Attempt One: I have run a copy of that session, also to LTO3 tape ( a different tape). I have the copy definition set so that its data protection was five weeks with catalog protection same as data protection.
It does not appear as a version I can restore from.

Copy Attempt Two: As an experiment, I did a media copy, also to a different tape, of the original backup's tape. It doesn't show up as having a restore version either.

Note: The restores mentioned above are filesystem restores. If you go to a session restore, the pane on the right says: This session does not contain valid restore objects.
4 REPLIES 4
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

We could help a bit better if we knew what backup and recovery application you were using.

DL
eric copenhagen

We could help a bit better if we knew what backup and recovery application you were using. DL

Whoops: under openview, under omniback, see data protector, product version A.05.50, internal build version DPWIN_00205,
Wing Commander

Hi
I also have this problem, if you or anyone offers a solution please let me know!!!
Working on trying to correct it myself at the moment, will let you know how I do.
Best regards
Ben
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

There is a data protector specific forum that is monitored more closely by DP experts than this one is. You might try your question there.

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=251&admit=109447627+1207862203719+28353475

DL