1752661 Members
6254 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Sharing the robotics of an ESL 712e Tape Library between two cell servers

Larry A. Smith
Occasional Contributor

Sharing the robotics of an ESL 712e Tape Library between two cell servers

Library currently has 16 drives, (4 just added), where we need the 4 drives to be exclusively used by a client that will belong to a different cell server. The current controlling cell server is too busy at this point to add the particular new client to it, thus it needs to be kept seperate in another cell server. I'm sure we could use MOM but am trying to avoid that. This is an existing SAN environment where each host has an hba dedicated on the SAN for access to the tape library. Works well, just never tried doing the shared robotics before.
3 REPLIES 3
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,

MoM is the recommended solution in this case.

If you check the global option you can find
EnableSCSIReserveRelease=0 or 1

I am not sure but, it may be an alternative. This option is not generally supported unless agreement from HP.
Larry A. Smith
Occasional Contributor

I'm looking now at a document "CV ESL Secure Manager Mapping", which looks like we can do it, but will require Secure Mananger. Will continue to research this path. Thanks for your response, just not the way we want to go unless we're forced to.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Yes, what you need is SecureManager licence in order to use partitioning in you library, it will appear as two separate unit to the systems.

http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00251744/c00251744.pdf