1752345 Members
5407 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Slow throughput with TL982 DLX

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Slow throughput with TL982 DLX

I'm having throughput prob with a TL892 DLX. My backups to any server are capped at 150Mb/min. I have the correct adaptec based LVD SCSI compaq card, and have re-checked all cables etc.
Arcserve 6.61 Sp2 + TLO. The arcserve log did give loads of SCSI errors so I have replaced the card. This corrected these. But I still get an event log error when the driver loads.

Event 9, adpu160m,"The device, \Device\ScsiPort3, did not respond within the timeout period."

If I attach a single 40/80 drive to the on-baord controller on the DL580 server the same backup jobs run at 450mb/min faultlessly.
I've got the latest drivers from the compaq support site for this card as well.

It has to be the library unit/drives or the scsi card? At a guess the SCSI bus is negotiating the wrong speed. But how can I test this. The EZSCSI benchtest app does not support tape drives.

GarryG
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Slow throughput with TL982 DLX

Are you using the ultra 3 lvd cards from compaq using the adaptec chip set. There is a problem with the driver there is a fixed version at http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/index.html. Just select your os and then look under storage for the new ultra 3 adapter drivers