4642 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Solaris 10 with 1/8 G2 Autoloader

AndyHP
Occasional Contributor

Solaris 10 with 1/8 G2 Autoloader

Hello everybody,

I have Proliant DL 360 G6 with Solaris 10, Smart Array p212 and HP 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader (with SAS cable).

What steps should I take to make it work together? I haven't find any documentation for such configuration (Solaris + SAS + autoloader). Solaris doesn't see autoloader. /dev/rmt is empty.

cfgadm -al show me:
c2 scsi-bus connected unconfigured unknown
and nothing else relative c2

Can anybody help me?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

You might want to try that question in an area more familiar with Solaris on Proliant. I'm not familiar with the Solaris configuration but I have heard that lots of times st.conf needs to be modified. Sorry I know that isn't much help.

You will want to make certain that you have the latest Solaris driver from HP installed for your P212.
AndyHP
Occasional Contributor

Sure, I have updated drivers for 212 and modified st.conf (as also as sgen.conf) but there is no success.
I'm a little bit confused that HP doesn't provide any manual for SAS Autoloader with Solaris (x86/x64)
Thank you anyway, I'll try to find solution on the Solaris forums.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

There is information about configuring an LTO drive with Solaris at http://www.hp.com/go/ebs and selecting "EBS Design Guide"
AndyHP
Occasional Contributor

I looked through EBS Design Guide. But my configuration is not described in that guide.

This is quote from Overview section: "Direct-attach SAS configurations are not covered in this document"